Tips for Success:
- Connect with other users and make friends – it will not only help your own efforts, but it will also add more value to the community as a whole
- Don’t game the system – there’s nothing wrong with asking some friends for a few votes, but that alone won’t get results. Only really great content will get you what you’re after – and all of the sites are set up to reward great content and weed out and rid the community of spam.
- Learn the ropes – each site has it’s own community and it’s own set of rules – both spoken and unspoken. Take the time to get to know each community and be a part of it to really get the best results.
- Add value – comment on others’ submissions, vote on good posts, and submit great, relevant content that others would be interested in. Yes, it’s the long way to do it – and the best way to, also.
- Network with successful site users – they can not only show you the ropes, but also help you get successful faster. Beware – LOTS of people take this route – so don’t expect a huge, warm welcome, because unfortunately there are many people who are trying to take advantage of Top Diggers, Stumblers and Netscape Navigators, etc.
- Take them one at a time – start by learning one of the easier sites, and I recommend for the newest users to start with StumbleUpon. Once you have some success under your belt, you can tackle a new site to learn.