Facebook is not only the largest social media site, it is also one of the most visited sites on the internet. With more than 400 million people participating in Facebook, businesses worldwide are creating extensive strategies to engage consumers through social media.
If major brands such as Coca-Cola, Harley-Davidson, Six Flags, Target, Apple and Pizza Hut are using Facebook to reach their target markets, then Facebook should definitely be a part of YOUR social media efforts.
To use Facebook effectively for your business, you should follow the following strategies and ideas:
- Create a Fan Page. Fan Pages are a highly effective way to interact with your target market, receive feedback, promote new products or services, answer questions and build a loyal following.
- Use Facebook’s custom html feature to build your list, offer free report downloads, create custom feeds, survey your fans and more.
- Take advantage of Facebook's many applications to offer special content to your audience. You can create custom landing pages, add audio and video as well as transcripts from events.
- Promote an event. Facebook offers the ability to promote your event to your Facebook Fan Page members as well as all of your "friends." All you have to do is create an event page and then email your fans and friends an invitation. Facebook will even keep track of who you invited, who is attending and who isn't.
- Announce sales, special promotions and offer coupons. Facebook fan page members and friends react well to receiving special promotions via Facebook.
- Receive feedback. Many of the major brands use their Facebook fan page to receive feedback from fans about what types of products and services they want to receive or purchase. This is a fantastic way to give your target market exactly what they want.
Next we will cover LinkedIn and it's unique features for building your business.